Thursday, November 19, 2009

Drizzly, dark, and damp

It is not an outdoors kind of day. The weather is so dark, cold, and drizzly that I almost wanted to stay in my flannel nightgown and fluffy bathrobe all day. Instead I showered and dressed and went to Lowe's. We are slowly working on remodeling and painting projects in anticipation of selling our house next spring. Mark has been diligently working on painting the master bath, so I've been looking into new sinks, fixtures, and medicine cabinets for the hall bathroom. The other day I went to Home Depot with all the measurements and learned about a lot of options and prices. It totally wore me out, so much so that all I could do was sit in the car for about ten minutes before I had the energy to drive home. That was also after I had walked in the neighborhood, though. Today I used walking around Lowe's looking at the same sorts of things as my walk. I walked around the store for 40 minutes. Well, in all honesty, some of the time I was standing still looking at things, but mostly I was slowly cruising around the aisles looking at all kinds of beautiful things. Then I went to the pet store to buy some more treats for my bunny rabbit. I also bought two magazines about rabbits. Now I've had my usual 240 calorie lunch, and I'm about to sit in my chair, in my flannel nightie and fluffy bathrobe, and read the rabbit magazines. I suspect it won't be long before I'm taking a nap. Ah, the doctor prescribed rest, so on a drizzly, dark, damp day, I think a nap is the perfect afternoon plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment