Thursday, November 12, 2009

Falling off the wagon

I fell off my personal food wagon again yesterday. AGH. WHY do I DO that? Mark went out to Home Depot to buy the new garbage disposal unit, and I went into binge mode. I ate way too many nuts, plus some other nutritious food like a can of tuna and a cheese sandwich (made with lo-cal, lo-carb bread and fat-free cheese), and some Saltine crackers. OK, an entire strip of Saltine crackers for 480 calories. Other than finishing the strip of Saltines, there was nothing actually wrong with what I ate. The thing that was wrong is that I had just had lunch less than thirty minutes earlier. There was no reason to eat anything else at that time. Yet, I got the old urges and started to rove around the kitchen finding things to eat. It's such a bad behavior. It's one that I thought I had mastered, but clearly I have not. Maybe it's too much time in the house with this surgery recovery. Maybe it was the unending, dreary rain yesterday which prevented me from going out for a walk. Maybe it's something else. I really and truly do not know what triggers it. It's clearly not hunger that triggers these binges. I have to get back to reading some of the articles from Peer Trainer on emotional eating. I have gotten a several emails from them lately that I have not taken the time to read. Today might be the day to read them.

2 comments:

  1. crocheting as an option?

    part of learning better habits is learning why we have the ones we currently have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Denise, I think you are so right. I'm really trying to think about why I have these bad habits. It's harder than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete