Friday, November 6, 2009

Let's talk inches today.

I am still up nine pounds since Monday morning. That's actually good because after the shock of seeing the extra 9 pounds Tuesday morning, MORE actually showed up. I went as high as 14 pounds up, so some of that has already gone. This morning I tried something new. I measured my waist and hips. I have been doing that periodically to track the inches that I have lost. Today I noticed that my waist and hips are each FOUR inches bigger than Monday morning before the surgery. Clearly that's where the extra water weight is hiding. All the medical personnel, both the nurses at the surgical center and the nurses who are my personal friends, have told me that this will take weeks to go away. So now I'm going to reveal the gory details, all the inches! At my highest weight ever, 322, on January 1, 2007, my measurements were 64-61-67. Yes, those all start with a SIX. Pretty hideous looking at it now, but I never realized how bad it was at the time. I'm pretty sure I was similarly sized this past January 20, 2009 when I began this particular journey. I re-measured on September 1, 2009, weighing in at 240. At that time my measurements were 50-51-56. NOT BAD!! Down double digits in all directions. I also re-measured the morning of the surgery, November 2, 2009, weighing in at 219.6. I was 49-48-52. Still losing!! Now five days later post-op, I weighed in this morning at 228.6, and my measurements are 49-52-56. UGH. Why is it that if you have to gain inches, they are never in your boobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment