Thursday, November 5, 2009

Showing signs of improvement

Here it is, day four post-op. Things are showing signs of improvement. Last night I did have to take Percocet at bed time. I was starting to notice some serious discomfort, and I had not had any pain killers all day. Time for toughening up and sucking it up was OVER. I slept in my bed for the first time since Sunday night. For the first two nights, I could not lay down on my back, or on my side, or (obviously) on my stomach; so that pretty much ruled out being in a bed! I slept sitting up in my living room chair, which is actually more comfortable than you might think. Last night, with the help of Percocet, I was able to sleep on my back or on my side if I had a pillow under my stomach to relieve some of the pressure. I slept pretty well, actually. This morning I have vowed to eat my normal diet again, so I had Morningstar Links and black coffee. In an hour or so, I'm going to have a yogurt. Hopefully none of that will make me nauseous. I'm still up a total of 10 pounds over Monday morning, pre-surgery, so I'm going to have work really hard to get that 10 pounds back off. I did not expect to face that challenge, but I'm convinced that if I get back to my usual 1200 calorie per day plan, that it will come off, even if the exercise component has to be cut way back. It will just take longer.

Also, yesterday my rabbi came by for a visit. It was delightful, and I really appreciated him driving all the way up here to see me. He even concluded the visit by giving me a misheberach, a special healing prayer for the sick. As he stood with his prayer book in his left hand and put his right hand on my arm to recite the words of the healing prayer, I did actually feel very special. I felt as if I had truly received a blessing of healing. Thanks, Rabbi Jonathan!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you are up and moving around so soon!!! I wouldn't fret about the weight gain...you've been sedentary and you've shocked your body. Keep eating healthy and let your body do what it needs to do. Remember, as easy as surgery has become - our bodies still don't like the invasion and still react as its an invasion!!!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise! I'm sure you're right, although it IS frustrating. Love the fact that you give me comments on here. It's like a little gift when I bring up the blog and see there is a comment. I get VERY excited. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete