Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's GONE! And I'm not looking for it.

The surgical fluid weight is GONE!! Hallelujah! I usually do not weigh-in on Sunday mornings unless Mark forgot to hide the scale, but I asked him to bring it out this morning. I got on it and it's GONE!! I am 219.2 this morning. That is actually four tenths LOWER than the morning of the surgery. Whew. At last it's gone.

Now I have to decide whether to pack the scale for the trip or leave it behind. That's a hard decision for me for several reasons. If I take it, I will be tempted to hop on and off every day, even multiple times a day. If I take it, I can weigh-in on my regular day, Tuesday morning, and write it down. If I take it, I might be more honest with myself eating in restaurants. If I take it, I might get CRAZY if I put some weight on. Oh, decisions, decisions.

This afternoon at 3 p.m. our train for Orlando leaves. I could pack the scale in my suitcase and check my weight on Tuesday morning. I should do that. I probably will do that unless the suitcase looks too full. I have already taken out the pages from my food journal to pack. Even if I am eating in restaurants for the next 7 days, I'll try to write things down. I did that on our big summer vacation trip and that helped a lot to keep me honest. I lost 15 pounds on the six week vacation this summer.

Denise, I have already put the cute little hand-held Connect Four game that you sent me into my purse to play on the train, along with a new book of puzzles given to me by a co-worker, and two books. I will be quite content on the train trip.

Did I mention that I'm excited about eating dinner in the dining car tonight? When Mark, Evey, and I took the cross-country train to California back in the summer of 2002, I weighed 265. I had just dieted myself down from 295 for the trip. I ate in the dining car then, but it was quite a tight fit into those little booths. When Mark and I took the overnight train to New Orleans this past January for a wedding, I wouldn't even go to the dining car. At 316 pounds, I KNEW there was NO WAY I could fit into the booth. Mark went to the cafe car and brought things back for me. I am very excited to think that I can fit into the booth for a nice dinner tonight. That will be one of the things I talk about on the next blog for sure!

Our train gets to Orlando at 10:34 tomorrow morning. We are renting a car for the week. By noon we'll be checked into the Buena Vista Suites Hotel and having lunch with our daughter Evey. I can't wait to see her. Tomorrow night we have a 6:30 p.m. reservation for dinner at the Raglan Road Irish restaurant at Downtown Disney. The menu looks amazing, but I will have to be careful. Evey has been there before and says she loves their Bailey's Irish Cream Milkshake. Hmm...I would love that, too. I told her she can order it, and I'll take one or two sips for my dessert.

The next time I post on this blog will be from Orlando and the Buena Vista Suites Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment