Friday, November 20, 2009

Sunny, clear, and cool

Today I got my nails and toes done! Yay!! I had taken all the acrylics off before the surgery, and I had forgotten how miserable my real nails look. They chip and break too easily. So today I got a full set of acrylics again and a pedicure. I picked out a pale pink polish that almost matches my Mickey Mouse shaped pink ring that I found in my jewelry box. Mark bought me this ring at Disney World many years ago, but it had not fit my finger for a very long time. Happily, it is now loose! I have been wearing it for the last week, so today it was fun to get my toes and nails painted to match.

We also took a lovely walk with a purpose. Mark needed an ingredient for tonight's Hungry Girl recipe (Meaty Thin Crust Pizza, using soy crumbles for the meat and a low-carb tortilla for the thin crust) that he didn't know we were out of when he shopped, so we walked up to the Shopper's Food Warehouse store to get it. That's about a 2 mile round trip, and we did it in 49 minutes. The weather was just delightful, and I always enjoy the conversations that Mark and I have while we walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment