Sunday, November 8, 2009

No 5K Sunday

I knew this would happen. The last four Sundays I went out and walked the 5K route in my neighborhood, but I knew that would not happen this Sunday. Since the surgery, I only went out to walk a little two times. I hope that today I can make it outside for a third time. I do plan to go out today and try to get at least as far as the community pool, which would barely be a few steps farther than the last time I went out. Still it would be something. I might be having a friend visit today; she wasn't sure if she could make it. If she comes, I might get her to go on a little walk with me!

On a very positive note, a few more of the pounds from the fluid weight gain are gone. I was 223.7 this morning. That's actually down FOUR pounds since yesterday morning. Must be fluid because yesterday I consumed nearly 2300 calories! Mark made such a delicious dinner for our friends: meat chili, homemade corn bread with margarine, salad, homemade brownies with walnuts, mixed nuts, low-carb crackers, low-carb tortilla chips, hummus, veggie tray. Wow, it adds up fast. Tonight we will have this meal again as leftovers, but I won't eat brownies. I froze all the brownies to use as a snack next Sunday when I host some Mah Jongg friends here for a few hours of playing. I have worked out a plan so that today I will only eat 1550 calories, which is much better than yesterday. Still it's not going to bring about a big weight loss without a lot of exercise, and I'm certainly NOT up to a lot of exercise yet.

My pain is fairly minimal for the most part now. I wear out quickly, and I will get pain in the abdomen if I try to do too much. The worst part is the large area of ugly, purple bruises. Now it not only looks horrible, but it ITCHES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment