Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'm mad.

It's now dark out, and I did not get a walk in today. I feel frustrated and mad at myself for not doing it. When we got home from the synagogue it was already going on 2 p.m. We had a late lunch and I felt sleepy, so I took a little nap thinking that I'd walk when I woke up. When I woke up at 4:15, it was still light, but Mark was napping. I should have just taken responsibility for myself and gone out walking for a half an hour before it got dark. Instead I ate some salad and a clementine and watched TV until about 5:20. By then, of course, it was quite dark. I asked Mark when he was going to get up, and he said at 5:45. Of course, as soon as it got dark, I knew there would not be a walk, so I don't know why I'm mad; yet somehow I feel like I should have done it. Now I'm sitting here at the computer feeling angry with myself and a little angry at Mark for not doing it, but I know intellectually that that is the wrong thing to feel. It's actually always my own responsibility for getting out there and doing what I know I should do. I have to take all the responsibility for my own health and walking is part of that. Now I've wasted a day to get a nice walk in. UGH. I'm feeling mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment