Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"These boots are made for walkin' "

OK, I wasn't really wearing boots. Mark and I just got back from walking to the mailbox and back. That's a 1.45 mile roundtrip. Today I shaved one minute off yesterday's time, walking it in 35 minutes. I'd like to get my strength back up to the 5K in an hour and ten minutes, but I know that's going to take awhile.

Also it's Tuesday, which is weigh-in day. I was 223 this morning. It's still three pounds up from the day of the surgery, but I will take it. It's a one pound loss for the week, and I was not especially well-behaved this week since I averaged 1655 calories per day. That's probably a maintenance amount, so the one pound was just more of the surgical fluid being absorbed and released. Oh, well...I feel rejuvenated today. I feel more in control and excited about the weight loss again. After visiting the doctor yesterday, I feel happy and healthy. I know that I'm going in the right direction and that I will positively get there.

My goal now is to lose a total of 48 more pounds, putting me at the wedding weight of 175. Having lost 99 pounds right now, 48 doesn't seem like so much. I am confident that I can do it. I am setting no particular time limit on it because there will be so much traveling in the spring. I hope to maintain my weight at least on all the travel, but I do plan to lose 25 more before the travel starts on March 2, 2010. So the new goal is to hit 198 by March 2!! Wow, I haven't been under 200 since I was in my twenties. I am starting to remember how wonderful that felt, and I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear that you are feel rejuvanated!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete