Saturday, November 21, 2009

Elijah tonight

Today is a turning out great! I actually went to synagogue services this morning which I have not attended since the surgery. I'll miss the next two weeks for travel. It was nice seeing everyone and getting so many well-wishes. Mark and I were called up for the first aliyah so that I could "bench gomel," a special prayer people say after they have come through surgeries or accidents. It was a nice moment.

When I got home, I had a long, chatty email from my son. He doesn't often send long, chatty emails, so that was a gift in itself making this day an especially great one.

Soon I will go out for a pleasant walk in the sun, and tonight Mark and I are going to hear the Central Maryland Chorale sing Mendelssohn's oratorio Elijah. I would have been singing it with them except for this surgery. My friend Joan brought us two tickets as a gift. I'm looking forward to it very much.

It's a great day. I hope everyone reading this blog is also having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment